Abductions to the U.S.

Guía publicada por:

If your child was taken from another country into the United States by the other parent, we can help.

If you live in Colombia, Peru or Ecuador, first, our firm makes contact to the local embassy and INTERPOL to represent you before them as a US citizen vicitm of abduction child to the U.S. 

If you are located in a Hague Convention Country your next step should be to contact Devoument Group Lawyers Enterprises to provide you the legal assistance in filling out a Hague application and let you know what supporting documents you need to provide with your application.

Next, our firm contact the Central Authority so they can forward your application at its discretion, but under our tracing, to the U.S office to begin the process.

To contact Central Authorities, in care of abduction child, Devoument Group Lawyers contact the Hague Conference on Private International Law's.

We also contact US Department of State in the U.S. and INTERPOL in your native country to coordinate how they may be able to assist our representation. 

If your child was taken from an INTERPOL member country, our firm consult with law enforcement authorities in the country from which the child was taken to ask for their assistance to seek an INTERPOL Missing Child (Yellow) Notice.  

On the basis of this notice and entry of the child into National Crime Information Center (NCIC), our firm seek law enforcement in the United States that assist in locating the child and detain the parent and child for a short time.

Devoument Group Lawyers and the law enforcement authorities in the country from which the child was taken can also help you determine if the parent that took your child to the United States has violated national  laws.

We can:

  • Provide you with legal advice, recommend a specific course of action, and represent you in Colombia.
  • Give you legal advice about various resources that may assist you in pursuing the return of, or access to, your child

If you believe your child is being abducted by another family member and has not yet left Colombia, Peru or Ecuador, contact us immediately at any time by email.

Pedir más información sin compromiso